About the Organiser
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law is a National Law University located in Patiala, Punjab, India. It was established in 2006 by the Punjab Government as a university dedicated to the field of Legal Education.
About the Moot
The Surana & Surana International Law Moot has been conceived with the aim of creating opportunities for learning and development of jurisprudence on emerging trends in International Law besides developing cutting edge skills in research, writing and advocacy.
Further, it is aimed to facilitate the evolution of International Law through the jurisprudential analysis of the existing law and consequential emergence of new laws.
Venue and Date
The 3rd Surana & Surana and RGNUL International Law Moot Court Competition, 2019 shall be held from 15th – 17th November 2019 at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, Bhadson Road, Sidhuwal, Patiala-147001.
- Deadline for registration (Online Registration): 30th September 2019.
- Deadline for registration (Registration Form/Approval Letter): 10th October 2019.
- Deadline for memorial submission (Soft Copy): 15th October 2019 by 05:00 p.m.
- Deadline for memorial submission (1 Hard Copy): 25th October 2019.
- Dates of the competition: 15th-17th November 2019.
- Best Team: INR 15,000/-
- Runners Up: INR 10,000/-
- Best Student Advocate: INR 5,000/-
- Best Memorial: INR 5,000/-
The competition is open for students who are studying LLB for three years or five years course during the current academic year interested in International Law.
- Each team should consist of a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3 members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- There shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher designated for each team. The researcher shall be allowed to argue with the prior permission of the National Administrator in case of illness of the designated speakers.
- Each team will be provided with a team code during orientation. Teams should not disclose the identity of their institution; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the National Administrator.
Registration and Fee Details
- Online registrations are open from 3 rd August 2019. The teams must register online by 30th September 2019. Teams will have to register online at www.moot.in. and send a mail to mootcommittee[at]rgnul.ac.in Only, 24 teams will be registered to participate in the competition on the first-come-first-serve basis.
- Participants will receive an automated system generated acknowledgement on successful submission of registration. Participants will receive an approval as acceptance of their request for the participation latest by 1 st October 2019 8:00 PM or earlier
- A scanned copy of the letter from the participating college/institution/university duly signed by any one of the following:
- Faculty-in-charge of MCA/MCS/MCC, Registrar, Dean, Principal, Director, Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor confirming the names of the participants, Year/semester of study, representing the college/institution or university for the moot competition will have to be attached during the online registration process. (The approval letter shall be formatted on the letterhead of the participating college/institution/university. Alternatively, you may use the registration form itself as appended below on page 14 with the official seal).
- Registration without the copy of the approval letter from the college/institution/university or duly attested registration form will not be valid.
- The Registration Fees for the competition shall be Rs. 5,000 (Rupees Five Thousand Only) and the registered teams will be e-mailed the web link for online payment of Registration Fees.
- Registration particulars as soft copy should be sent by email to mootcommittee[at]rgnul.ac.in marked as THE SURANA & SURANA AND RGNUL INTERNATIONAL LAW MOOT COURT COMPETITION REGISTRATION as the subject of the mail latest by 30 September 2019.
- The provisional team code shall be allotted to the registered teams by Host University soon after receiving of registration particulars.
Shruti Tandon: +91-8860951750 (Student Convenor)
Sahil Sharma: +91-7837004057; 9915404103 (Student Co-Convenor)