About the Organizer
Indian Journal of Law and International Affairs (IJLIA) bearing ISSN 2518-3257 is a peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary, biannual International Journal dedicated to publishing original research, reports, and reviews.
The Journal lauds the support of an Editorial Advisory Council that includes policy analysts, senior bureaucrats, distinguished academicians from Yale Law School, Harvard Law School, London School of Economics, MGIMO, Sciences Po and former Secretary General of International Court of Arbitration.
Launch of IJLIA
The Indian Journal of Law & International Affairs was launched on April 16, 2017, in New Delhi by:
- Ambassador K.P. Fabian, Former Ambassador of India to Italy and Qatar.
- His Excellency Fakhri Hassan Mahdi Al-Issa, Ambassador of Iraq to India, Embassy of the Republic of Iraq.
- Prof. Nuzhat Parveen Khan, Dean, Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
- Dr. Wael Al-Battrekhi, Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of Palestine in India; and
- Brigadier General Md. Abdul Hamid, Defense Adviser, Bangladesh High Commission New Delhi.
About the Opportunity
The Indian Journal of Law and International Affairs (IJLIA) bearing ISSN 2518-3257 seeks applications from students and researchers to join the Editorial Collective for Volume 4 to maintain the editorial direction of the journal and to ensure engaging and thought-provoking original research publications.
- For future improvement and development, IJLIA particularly seeks editors who can continue the enduring and ongoing editorial successes and introduce the journal profile to different libraries and research centres around the globe.
- IJLIA welcomes applications from editors with strong academic backgrounds and a keen affinity toward International Law and International Relations.
- The applicant must be in or above 2nd year (5-year course) or 2nd year (3-year course) of Law College or in Masters or Research Scholar in Law.
- Applicants with significant publications and/or reviewing experience will be preferred. It is a prerequisite for every applicant to be proficient in the 20th Bluebook citation format.
Kindly note that IJLIA has 4 vacancies for the role of Assistant Editor.
Roles and Responsibility
1. Making primary decisions on the merit of a written piece.
2. Send conditional acceptance and written feedback for improving an article.
3. Language and content editing of the articles, commentaries, case comment and book reviews.
4. Other miscellaneous editorial tasks.
10th September 2019
Interested candidates are required to send their applications along with the following documents to editorialboard.ijlia[at]outlook.com, with the subject line “Application for editors”.
Updated Curriculum Vitae
Statement of Purpose (300-500 words)
Candidates selected after the initial scrutiny will be sent a paper to review of which they have to submit a review report. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the quality of the review report and will subsequently be interviewed. It will be conducted over Skype for those outside NCR and in-person for those within Delhi.
Details of the same will be communicated to the prospective persons soon; kindly refrain from repeatedly following up on the status of your application or interview result.